Topic: GOES-16 (EAST) Geostationary Lightning Mapper Test
Date/Time Issued: March 09, 2021 2055 UTC
Product(s) or Data Impacted: GOES-16 GLM
Date/Time of Initial Impact: March 16, 2021 1630 UTC
Date/Time of Expected End: March 23, 2021 1500 UTC
Length of Outage: Multiple 60min outages, one 24 hour degraded product period. See Details below.
Details/Specifics of Change:
Starting on Tuesday March 16 at 1630UTC, GOES-16 GLM will perform testing to improve the data product. The outages and degradation period are listed below:
- March 16 1630-1730UTC: 60min GLM outage
- March 17 0436-0536UTC: 60min GLM outage
- March 17 1630-1730UTC: 60min GLM outage
- March 18 0436-0536UTC: 60min GLM outage
- March 18 1630-1730UTC: 60min GLM outage
- March 19 0436-0536UTC: 60min GLM outage
- March 22 1500 to March 23 1500UTC: 24 hour GLM degraded radiometric data
This testing will be postponed in the event of a critical weather day. Events will slip one business day, remaining at the same time of day, until they do not conflict with critical weather day.
Web Site(s) for applicable information: N/A
This message was sent by ESPC.Notification@noaa.gov
. You have been sent this and other notifications because you have opted in to receive it. If for any reason, you wish to unsubscribe, please contact ESPC Help Desk at ESPCOperations@noaa.gov
or (301) 817-3880. Please note: it may take up to two business days to process your unsubscribe request.